March 17, 2014

X2: X-Men United Movie Review

 

Okay, okay. Maybe I did promise a bunch more book reviews. They're coming, don't worry! But last night I finally got to watch X2, so I'll be reviewing that today.

*Spoiler Alert*

If I had reviewed this last night, I wouldn't have been able to do anything but ramble about Jean's "death", because number one, it was late and I was exhausted, and number two, Jean "died". One of my favorite X-Men. Even though, I knew she wasn't dead... It was almost as bad as Reichenbach. Except not quite, because I knew how she survived.

Annnyway. I'm rambling, aren't I? Sorry. You'll have to bear with me here.

So. NIGHTCRAWLER. You may remember that I mentioned Jean was one of my favorite X-Men? Well, Nightcrawler is number one on that list. What's not to like about a fuzzy, blue, swashbuckling pirate ninja with awesome teleportation powers? I'm not too sure of what I thought about him in the movie. He's looks quite different from the way he looks in the comics, but I suppose it would take massive amounts of CGI to pull off, say, this.

Amazing X-Men #1~ Beautiful artwork.

Also, the mother/son conversation was really sweet. Although Mystique isn't exactly the wise, motherly type, she passed on some words of wisdom to her son.


But anyway. Time to move on. I'm sure you don't want to listen to me drone on and on about this.

Jean and Scott. Perfection. I loved their portrayal in the movie. They also pulled off the Logan/Jean/Scott triangle quite nicely. I also liked the developing relationship between Rogue and Iceman.

So. That's it for now, folks.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment