May 18, 2014

The Winter Soldier Movie Review


This movie was amazing. Just peer, utter awesomeness. I've been wanting to go see it for a while now, but I never really got around to it until today.

And boy am I glad I did.

First off, just let me say that I've never been a huge Captain America fan. I mean, he's okay, but... he's never been very high on my list of favorites.

This movie has quickly zoomed to the top of my list of favorite movies. And my list of most feels-y movies, too.

But I'm sure you'd prefer it if I started discussing the specifics, instead of just ranting about how good it was.

The plot twists were absolutely amazing. Disturbing, but amazing. I love a good plot twist, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. I really wonder how they're going to handle the aftermath. I won't spoil it for you, though ;)

Secondly, there were some fabulous one-liners, as I would expect of a Marvel movie. And some very gif and meme worthy moments, too.

Yes. A perfect description of my feelings for DC and Marvel

And then there were the Easter Eggs. Natasha's arrow necklace. The way names like "Stephen Strange" were casually dropped here and there... The little things all added up.

The plot was gorgeously executed, too. I never felt like it was moving too quickly or too slowly- it was just right. And then the fact that it didn't really end. HYDRA is still out there- cut one head off, and two grow back.

The stuntwork and CGI was excellent, too. The fight scenes were very nicely done. I especially liked the police chase with Nick Fury and SHIELD. It certainly kept me on the edge of my seat. And anything with Bucky was very well done, too.


And the feels. There were lots of feels.

Why didn't this happen.

my feels


So, in summary. Beautiful movie. Lots of feels. And maybe I can come up with something bad to say about it later so this is more of a review and less of a "ohmygosh this movie was so cool" rant.

But probably not.

Seriously though.

And you've probably guessed by now that my rating is a 10/10.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think TWS was as good as the first Captain America movie but still, WOW. It was fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the first one yet, so I wouldn't know. (I mean, I know the gist of Cap and Bucky's backstory from cartoons and comics, but I haven't seen the movie.) TWS is my favorite Marvel movie so far, though.

      Delete