So, hi guys! It's me again, believe it or not. Sorry for the lack of posts lately! I've had a really hard time coming up with ideas for posts lately, but hopefully I'm back now. Keep an eye out for my review of Ash by Malinda Lo, as it should be coming soon!
(And yes, I've borrowed the Quarterly Rewind from Musings from Neville's Navel again.) It's a bit late, but hey, who cares?
Favorite Quote From A Book I Read This Spring
"I got to thinking that poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just didn't get- and never would."
-Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, by Benjamin Sáenz
This Spring In One Word
Most Popular Review This Spring
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
Top Two Books I Read This Spring
- Ash, by Malinda Lo. I haven't even finished it yet, but gosh, this book is amazing. Queer protagonists! Fairy tale style storytelling (in a YA book)! What's not to like?
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. METAPHORS! Metaphors everywhere!
Two Things I’m Looking Forward To This Summer
- Horseback riding. I'm doing a summer camp, so that'll be fun. Even if it'll be really hot out.
- Guardians of the Galaxy comes out on August 1st! I can't wait!
Three New Obsessions This Spring
- Comic books. I still haven't read that many, but the ones I have read, I've loved.
- Renaissance-era stuff. My school is doing a renaissance fair next year, so I've been doing a lot of research.
- Polyvore, a new favorite website of mine. Which is weird. I've never really been into fashion. Even if it's fandom related.
Most Popular Three Blog Posts Overall This Spring
Three Posts I Loved On Other Blogs This Spring
Three Things That Happened This Spring
- I've branched out in my reading interests a bit. I've started reading a lot more historical fiction, queer fiction, and comic books lately.
- I was REALLY busy in May. I had a horse show and two big school events. It was fun, though.
- I volunteered to help teach a book club at school next year with a few friends!
Six Songs That I Listened To Far Too Often This Spring
- Cassandra's Waltz, from the Doctor Who soundtrack. It's so lovely and sci-fi sounding at the same time.
- New Year's Day, by U2. I don't know what it is about this song, but I love it.
- New Soul, by Yael Naim. Which is weird. This is more my mom's kind of music (I usually don't listen to upbeat songs), but... I like it.
- Nobody but Me, by Save Ferris.
- Warg Scouts, from the An Unexpected Journey soundtrack. This one is great for writing action scenes to.
- I Can See the Light from Tangled.