December 28, 2013

Thoughts on the Twelfth Doctor

Happy Christmas (A tad bit late), everyone! A time of happiness and cheer.... oh yes, and the Doctor regenerated. 


So. What did you think of the Christmas special? Certainly not my favorite episode, by far. But still... Eleven is dead. And I'm not at all sure what my thoughts on Twelve are. So I suppose I'll try to sort them out here.

He looks like an owl. 


Not exactly the most important thing about him, but I really needed to get that out of my system.

Owls aside, I like him. I don't like him. He'll make an amazing Doctor. He'll stink.

First of all, he seems like he'll be much more similar to the Classic Doctors, and a long shot from anything we've seen in New Who so far.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 

Most likely a good thing. I'll miss Ten and Eleven's quirky personality, but a change from that would be good. 

“Eccleston was a tiger and Tennant was, well, Tigger. Smith is an uncoordinated housecat who pretends that he meant to do that after falling off a piece of furniture.”  — Steven Moffat

As Steven Moffat himself said,

“Eccleston was a tiger and Tennant was, well, Tigger. Smith is an uncoordinated housecat who pretends that he meant to do that after falling off a piece of furniture.” 

So who is Capaldi?

Second on the agenda. He forgot how to fly the TARDIS? Oh goodness, I hope not.

Third. I don't like Clara. Hopefully he'll find a new companion soon. Maybe Scarf Girl (Technichally, her name was Osgood, yes. But Scarf Girl sounds much better) from the 50th? I really do hope so. She seemed a much deeper character than Clara.

So. That's about it for today. Thoughts on Capaldi, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment